Looking for a fun, fast-paced environment where you can show off your SEO writing/editing skills? Look no further. We’re seeking someone who is intellectually curious, geeks out on SEO analysis, and loves writing to engage with readers in a meaningful, valuable way. We’re seeking a talented and driven SEO manager to join our dedicated & remote global editorial team.
Ideal candidates will have a strong fundamental understanding of SEO best practices, writing experience, and strong reading and writing comprehension. If you’re insanely passionate about SEO and a wizard at uncovering new traffic opportunities, we’d love to hear from you.
Day-to-Day Activities for this role include:
- Conduct keyword research & analysis using tools like Ahrefs to identify those existing published articles that stand to benefit MOST from an SEO content update/upgrade
- Thoroughly outline what changes should be made to improve article content for on-page SEO, consistent with SEO research conducted.
- Review all web assets for technical SEO issues and recommend fixes/improvements.
- Analyze the existing structure of site linking & recommend strategic updates for improvement.
- Apply changes to article content (WordPress CMS) consistent with all identified opportunities maintaining consistent voice & style of the existing content.
- Use SEOTesting.com software to log & document updates made to each article & monitor results of updates, reverting updates in cases of negative impact
- Create weekly progress reports with traffic updates and page performance, and suggest critical opportunities for growth
- Work independently & autonomously to achieve traffic goals set in discussions with asset GM
- Suggest & implement team-approved enhancements to the current SEO processes and documented SOPs
The Ideal Candidate has/is:
- Conversationally fluent & articulate in spoken & written English
- Citizen of one of the following countries: US, UK, Canada, New Zealand or Australia
- 3+ years of experience as SEO Manager or similar role
- 1+ years of experience with editing in WordPress or a similar CMS interface
- Experience working with an editorial/content team with operations at scale
- Deep understanding of on-page SEO best practices and, familiarity with methods of identifying traffic opportunities & familiarity with the importance of search intent
- Proven record of achieving and surpassing traffic goals
- In-depth knowledge of and experience analyzing data in Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, et. al. related SEO software
- Goal-oriented with strong attention to detail. To be considered for this position, please reply with “SEO Unicorn” in the subject line
- Compensation range: $2,500 – $4,000 USD per month
- Flexible schedule with some team overlap requirements
- 100% Remote (No fancy attire needed here. We’re focused solely on results. Feel free to work in your favorite comfy clothes)
- Annual learning budget: Want to learn new skills relevant to your role? We’ll cover it.
- Status: 1099 Contractor
Along with your resume and application, please include a cover letter in which you share an example of a content piece you edited for SEO. Include before & after versions of the article, and provide a high-level description of the main changes made and what results these updates achieved over what timeline.