Growing Website in the Men’s Lifestyle space seeks a full-time senior editor to support various editing tasks and to inject true personality into our posts.
This is an opportunity for the candidate who meets the requirements to work with a large & growing men’s lifestyle web publication and with a team of exceptional and diverse writers.
About Us/Who We Are
Solid Ventures, Inc. is a quickly expanding Southern California-based media company owning and operating a growing & diverse portfolio of exceptional digital content brands. Visit us here: (https://solid.ventures/).
About the Role
This Full-time Senior Editor role is crucial to maintaining our high-bar content & publishing on time, every time.
You’ll work directly with our Content Manager & editorial team.
You’ll be brought up to speed on our entire editorial process & procedures and understand exactly how you fit into this process.
Our team communicates using Slack & Asana for editorial assignments/processing.
You’ll be responsible for reviewing/editing each piece of content (60-90 posts/month) in order to ensure a proper, site-consistent tone & voice. You’ll also focus on making each piece factual, valuable, engaging & entertaining to read.
You’ll start ASAP in this role.
Onboarding and Training
If hired, you’ll work directly with the Content Manager to learn the ropes of the editorial process & hone the site’s voice & tone.
Day to Day
- You’ll receive & review post drafts & make edits as needed to ensure top-quality content.
- You’ll communicate directly with the contract writing staff, directing revisions, suggesting edits, & ensuring the completion of work on deadline.
- You’ll use Asana & Email to communicate with the contract writing staff
Who You Are
You’ll be an experienced Senior Editor in the Web Publishing industry capable of expertly editing 90+ (2500+ word) posts each month.
- Expert communication skills with an exceptional grasp of written & spoken English (Fully Fluent & Conversational).
- Citizen of one of the following countries: US, UK, Canada, Belize, New Zealand, or Australia
- Expertise in editing and optimizing blog posts in various styles (e.g., listicles, informational, product reviews, etc.).
- Witty tone and humorous slant to spice up bland writing and integrate brand tone.
- Self-starter and self-motivated perfectionist who loves finding and correcting errors while simplifying copy for greater readability to produce the highest-quality copy possible every time.
- Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation in all content produced. Include the phrase “Meticulous attention to detail” at the start of your application reply.
- Mastery of time management to get through a large volume of work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with cross-functional team members while constantly communicating personal progress and needs for assistance to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Experience with Software Tools such as Slack, Asana, WordPress & Google Docs
- SEO background – w/experience correctly formatting/structuring Heading Tags & Keywords for SEO.
All candidates interested in this position should detail relevant editing experience, along with a paragraph about why they feel they are a perfect fit for this role.
Please include a few samples of live, published editing/proofreading work (Please specify the process you performed for the work you reference).
Nice to Haves:
- Men’s Lifestyle/ Fashion Publication Experience
- SEO and/or Content Strategy Background
Qualified candidates will be provided an Editing Trial for review by our founders & Content Manager. Selection of a candidate for hire will take between 1 & 2 weeks.
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly Compensation Range: $2,500 – $4,000 USD (Dependent on Experience)
- Flexible schedule with some team overlap requirements
- 100% Remote (No fancy attire needed here. We’re focused solely on results. Feel free to work in your favorite comfy clothes).
- Annual learning budget: Want to learn new skills relevant to your role? We’ll cover it.
Solid Ventures Company Core Values
We are dedicated to achieving the highest quality in all our endeavors. Top-quality research, meticulous attention to detail, and effective strategy are employed at all points in our business, from acquisition to content creation.
By prioritizing exceptional performance over the allure of scale, we can deliver outstanding results within the smallest details. As we continue to grow, our steadfast dedication to quality will remain the core of our success, ultimately setting us apart in a competitive landscape.
Our commitment to excellence extends to the team members we recruit and work with. We embrace individuality and diversity of opinion and communicate honestly and transparently. With the addition of each new team member, we strive to raise our bar for quality and performance.
We foster an environment of empowerment and autonomy. We seek to learn, teach, and document best practices for clarity and alignment in order to utilize powerful tools and resources efficiently.
We collaborate to expand our perspectives and further our collective understanding. We value each other’s considerable skills, knowledge, and experience while supporting life-long education and self-improvement.
We envision and target our goals, celebrate our successes, and communicate openly about our failures, recognizing them as invaluable opportunities to adapt, learn and grow.
Our reliance on one another to deliver on our commitments and to realize our shared goals enables us to overcome complex and unique challenges, thus instilling camaraderie, trust, and integrity among our team.
We understand the value of offering others solutions to problems and pain points. We approach all such opportunities with a value-add mindset.
We aspire to view all challenges through a lens of possibilities to discover and cultivate potential hidden value.
We jump hurdles rather than stop short, ask for forgiveness rather than permission, and exhibit what we’ve learned from our mistakes in the changes we enact.
We endeavor to inspire creative thinking and always consider new possibilities, allowing us to remain relevant and forward-thinking in the value we provide.
We take calculated risks, demonstrate adaptability and resilience when facing new challenges and spend time exploring, learning, and sharing new ideas for perpetual advancement.
We strive to remain at the forefront of our industry to continue to positively impact the audiences and communities we serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
When would you like the new hire to start?
What’s the hiring process after the application is filled out? E.G. interviews with team members and a test project?
Interview with Content Manager & Trial Editing Assignments
What are some perks and benefits of the job?
Collaborative team environment w/potential for free gear from time to time.
Is this a contractor (1099) or employee (W2) position?
This is a contractor (1099) position.
IIs there a trial or test period? About how long?
An Editing Trial is provided to qualified candidates to aid in the hiring selection process. Hiring should take place in 1-2 weeks.
Are there set hours I need to be working during the day?
No, aside from ensuring overlap with key team members, you’re writing your schedule as long as work is completed on deadline.